Sunday, June 1, 2014

class of '14...


We have yet another High School graduate. It's insane really. I know they say that they grow up so fast but my God - didn't I just meet this girl? The day we met she was maybe 11. I was invited out to the pond by a friend & met Aaron for the first time. We kinda took care of all the awkward family meetings in one night... I met his mother & his daughters. Obviously, we weren't expecting to fall in love & get married so it wasn't so taboo that I met all of them before we were serious.

Anyways.



Here she is... 18. I can't even begin to tell you how much she has changed & grown. When I met her, like any 11year old, she was shy & timid. We would go out to dinner & we would have to tell her to speak up when ordering because the waitress could never hear her. Well, we got that thrown in our face - now, you can't help but hear her! She is smart, beautiful & really growing into herself. She has had a trying year & nothing makes me happier than to see her smile. Her personal struggles have become ours and I only hope she knows how much we love her and that her dad & I will always be there for her.

Congrats to you, Brittney. I know the future is scary & the unknown can make you crazy sometimes. My advice to you... soak it all in - the scary & the unknown. Those are the times that make you realize how strong you really are. Be who YOU want to be, never listen to others unsolicited opinions of your choices. Be accountable & be humble. I have no doubt you will do great things & I can't wait to see you shine {even brighter}!





*Lu




No comments:

Post a Comment