Monday, June 30, 2014

a letter for Baby C...

Dear Baby C,

Hello little one! This is your mommy. Your daddy & I are so excited to meet you in just a couple of months!

I'm really enjoying getting to know you & I feel like we have a connection that is already fantastic. I mean, I give my belly a poke & you respond with a kick more powerful than a soccer champ. It's almost like I am annoying you... which certainly can't be the case. Your are on a pretty consistent movement schedule - which I've heard is a sign of when you will be active on 'the outside'.

I awake to your belly flopping {similar to what I imagine a fish out of water would feel like in my womb} somewhere around 6am every morning. I consider myself more of a morning person anyways so this hour isn't so unbearable but you definitely make me smile. My favorite moments with you are those early morning wake up calls when I roll over & feel your kicks as I play you some music. It seems to soothe you because shortly after, you are down for the count. After that, I can count on a solid stream of love bumps pretty much every two hours.

If it's not your kicks that wake me up, it's the constant urge to pee right around 2am. I stumble through the dark room nearly tripping on Benny every night. He prefers to sleep on my side of the bed over Daddy's, probably just to be a nuisance. Believe me, he is pretty psyched to meet you too - a built in playmate right from birth.  I also find it hard to sleep with all this restless leg stuff. It's only my right leg & it is right behind my knee. I can't walk it off & Daddy can't massage it away, so for now, I just bitch about it.

You are making me a little off center lately, what, with the additional 6'' protrusion on the front of me. My balance isn't what it used to be - which wasn't much to speak of prior to you. I find myself wobbly, knocking into cabinets and tables more often so let me apologize for those minor jolts you have probably felt! You are also becoming my crumb catcher when I eat.

While I already had acid reflux going into this pregnancy, you are definitely making it a little less bearable.  I eat small meals like 'they' have said to... I call bullshit.  I sleep on a slight angle, again, what a crock! I constantly have a burning acid resting right at the top of my esophagus waiting to overflow. I guess I'm just bitching venting.  I mean, it really only hits me when I'm eating & when I'm not so...

There is also that unfortunate pica that I spoke of recently. The urge to eat laundry detergent is something that I never imagined I would gain when I got pregnant. Come to find out my iron levels are low which is something that can bring on the pica. Nothing a pill can't handle... I got this.

Speaking of eating, I spent my morning guzzling a glucose concoction that tasted like a flat bottle of Sprite with another cup of sugar added to it. It had the consistency of thick saliva.  All on an empty stomach... yay! Still awaiting those results & praying to God that I don't have to go back for the 3 hr test.  **update** I passed with flying colors!


Anyway, enough bitching. I'm blessed to hold you in my belly & I would take any ailment that came along with the opportunity to meet my handsome little son. You are worth every single ache, pain & discomfort imaginable. I have been very lucky with this pregnancy that I actually feel great and I hope that continues over the remaining months.

I can tell already that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.  Do me a favor though... make a swift {and relatively painless} exit, would ya?

Thanks in advance.  See ya soon!

love,
*mamaLu


No comments:

Post a Comment