Tuesday, July 15, 2014

us time...

Saturday morning 7:18

Me: What are your plans for the day
Mr. C: Mowing grass { a never-ending job at our place} Why, what did you need me to do?
Me: Nothing, I was just trying to figure out the day.
Mr C: Ya know what, let's go do something... spend the day together.
Me: Like what?
Mr. C: I have no idea...

This is how most of our weekends start. Unfortunately, they normally end with us completing the mundane chores that need to be done around the house. We start with good intentions to get out and do something fun - then I start dishes or sweeping or Aaron will head off to the garage and we just let the moment pass.

I hate it. I wish I was more spontaneous.I know we have a ton of things that need to be done but what about the ones we want to do? Before this baby comes I want to spend as much time as I can with Aaron. I know things need to be done with the nursery but it's ok to put it on the backburner for a few days.

We ended up spending the whole day together visiting all the local festivals. We started at the dog jumping show... so cute! These dogs were champs. Jumping length of 20-30 feet! Next we stopped at the local fair for some food & people watching. It was lame but I haven't had that much fun in a while just sitting on a bench enjoying our fried cheese & walking hand in hand. Lastly, we made a stop at the Polish festival. Aaron had a few beers while I swayed back & forth to the live Polka band. It took me back to every Sunday morning with Booba listening to Sharon & Chet on the Polka Party. It's required that you get a pierogi, or 5, when you are there so we headed to the Stanley's booth and indulged.





 On our way out... we picked up this little "souvenir" for our little Polack. Like I could go a WHOLE day without doing something for the little man... 



*Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment