Monday, July 28, 2014

pregnancy notes // week 30...


 







My computer is back so I can start doing my weekly updates again!








Like it says in the pic, our man is measuring ahead of the curve... the 67th percentile. He is about 3.9lbs & 3 days ahead of schedule. Once I get to 32 weeks, I will have a weekly appointment at my OB's office. Every week I will do a NST {non-stress test} & an amniotic fluid ultrasound. Then, every other week, I'll also meet with my doctor to discuss my progress. While I'm not thrilled about weekly appointments... at least I'll get to see a glimpse of our baby each time thanks to the amniotic u/s.  I will also continue the full growth u/s, one at the end of August & one at the end of September {if he hasn't made an appearance yet.} It's going to be tough to manage a schedule for the next 10 weeks!

My doctor also informed me that I will not go much past my due date because of my medical history... hello induction. That makes me incredibly nervous. I've always heard how painful induction can be because it is not the natural way your body wants to labor. I know things happen but I have always just wanted to wake up one morning to my water breaking & rushing off to the hospital, like in the movies. Guess there really isn't a plan for this...it's outta my control!



July 25th was my work baby shower, honestly, all of these women are incredible & thoughtful. Most of them know of our conception/pregnancy struggles. They're so kind & genuinely care about how I am doing & have become a huge part of my daily support group! I'm very lucky to be a part of such a great group!

It was at Don Pablos & it was perfect. There were about 20 ladies there and tons of presents. Baby C was definitely spoiled! We got a lot of cute clothes and some bigger items like our monitor, diaper bag & the pack n'play our little guy will be spending so much time in.

                                                                                                                                                 

all the ladies who came to shower us!

Kirsten, the host of the shower.





Here is a little sneak peak into the nursery. There is still a TON of things to do but we have come a long way!
building the closet organizer under my supervision..
a hand sewn & embroidered pillow one of my co-workers made for me...love it!

all these clothes to wash...
tough night for Aaron...

the final result of all of our hard work on the dresser...perfect!

my little nook, where I will spend many hours with Baby C...

the new curtains, the old ones were just too sheer...
I bought the boxes to hang on the wall, they may end up staying on the dresser though...
my handmade crib skirt...
every boy needs a dog...or more!
Mr. C. did an amazing job painting this nightstand & the dresser, they're beautiful!
finally some organization!
my favorite pair of Baby C's pants...


 *mamaLu

















No comments:

Post a Comment