This week has been miserable outside - rain, humidity, haze. Just crappy. In turn, that makes me feel a little down too... I just despise humidity. I'm itching for the spring that we missed this year.
Wanna see my big fat belly!? If not, skip past this next part. For those of you who love this sort of thing here is my son and his latest dance moves:
Anyway See that pop of orange below? That's our lovely little Ikea dresser that we stained 'Orange Poppy'. I am really pleased with the way it turned out. We got the mattress & the glider this week so my next project is to attempt to cover it. It is so intimidating.
I have 2 pics this week because I love them both so much, I couldn't choose.
We got our newest ultrasound this week to get the heart shots we were looking for last time. Here he is looking pretty skeletal again. Apparently, he prefers the head-ons to the profiles. I'm telling you though, this child has my whole heart already.
So, now for something totally embarrassing & weird. I currently feel like such a freak. Anyone ever heard of Pica? Yeah, well, take a stab at who is experiencing symptoms... you guessed it! I had never heard of it until I Googled it the other day trying to see if there were more crazies like me. I know it's considered 'normal' for a pregnant woman to get off the wall cravings but LAUNDRY DETERGENT? For the last week or so, whenever I think about detergent, my mouth starts to water and I can't stop thinking about it.
I know exactly what you are thinking, in fact, it's probably similar to what Aaron said when I informed him of my newest craving. I think it was something like, 'what the f***?!'
Don't worry, I have the smarts to say no but... doing laundry has become a test of my will. I honestly get the urge to lick the scoop.The smell is just so enticing to me that I want to dip a lik-m-aid stick into the container and go to town. I can't believe I just shared that - don't judge! I went to the dollar store today to pick up a few things. I don't ever buy detergent there but something inside of me said I HAD to walk down the detergent aisle. I stood there & took the biggest whiff of the Gain box. I can only imagine what the lady picking out her softener sheets was thinking.
What the hell is going on with my system? I hear it's normally from a lack of iron which, luckily, I have a test for next week. It's been such smooth sailing for the majority of this pregnancy so if this is the worst thing that I get thrown at me, I will take it.
*mamaLu


No comments:
Post a Comment