Tuesday, June 10, 2014

nursery happenings...

The nursery is in full swing. 

Our colors have been narrowed down to gray, white, orange & a bit of turquoise.  I am 98% positive that is what they will remain... I change my mind, a lot!

  

 

The before.  When I first started planning the room, it was with the assumption that we would remain team green & we would not find out the sex of our baby. The gray & white were perfect to cover both outcomes & easily adjusted once we brought the little one home. Well... since I have no willpower that got nixed fast. Once I found out we were having a little boy, I decided to not go the traditional baby blue or green route. Our room would have been fine for a boy... it was blue, but I couldn't leave well enough alone. I want what I want.

I played around with some nursery layouts and furniture options & came up with these.


This is the first crib I saw & I had to have it. I do not like over sized, bulky cribs so this one is perfect for my taste.  I am in love with the color... it's a gray-brown.


A natural wood Ikea dresser that would eventually be painted orange. My sister offered to paint the canvas with the most adorable giraffe image I have ever seen in our colors. I can't wait to see the final painting! 


I want a lot of patterns incorporated in the room. the glider is a hand-me-down from my sister & will need to be slipped covered since it is a light sage green color. I am considering a gray and white patterned fabric that will really look crisp. Also, see those succulents on the windowsill?  Luckily, Ikea had those too. Eventually I plan on installing some floating shelves above the glider to keep them out of reach of tiny baby hands.

 

So the only thing left to do was make our way to Ikea. We planned a nice little trip complete with my mom's jeep to fit all of our findings.




For a man that hates shopping, Aaron did well & actually seemed into it at one point. He was a trooper because he knew once we got home, the building would start & that was ALL on him. 



  

See -  that's a lot of wood to piece together. I think he was just as excited as I was to see it all come together because he built all 3 of the pieces by the end of the night!

    

Benny helped too... he held down the floor.  After a few grueling hours of nailing & adjusting, the room was full. It's so exciting to think in less than 4 months I will get to bring home our newest little tenant.  And now -  the after.


 





There will be many more updates to come. For right now though, I am impresses with the progress & Aaron's willingness to do whatever I ask. I plan on taking full advantage of that! 


*mamaLu





No comments:

Post a Comment