In case you can't decipher that photo... Aaron & I are happy to announce that we are having a boy! It is the most exciting news for us. I have not been shy to say that I have wanted a boy since I was younger. After gaining a few nieces though, I've also wanted a girl. I honestly didn't care either way. Like everyone else says... "as long as they are healthy." It really was how we felt, we have been through so much & waited so long for this baby, we didn't care either way!
| there's the goods... |
Mr. C. is beyond excited though. He is already looking into building a baseball diamond & football field in the yard. I tell him the ways that I imagine this little one will take after him - all of his greatest traits. I love spending time talking about the fun things that I will get to experience them doing together - it actually makes me tear up. I am also pretty proud of his genes for allowing him to carry on the Croskey name... that was a lot of pressure. He pulled through!
I have really felt a surge of kicks and movement in the last few days. This child is rowdy already & {for now} I love it. Probably because he is contained within my womb... not running a muck in my house! He is much more easily controlled while he is rolling around my belly! Aaron has felt his super strong kick a few times & each time it makes my heart melt. It's such an amazing moment to see the connection between them. His activity is pretty consistent - mostly around every 3 hours. There are those rare moments when I indulge in a sugary bowl of ice cream... that will make him a little giddy & kinda crazy!
I honestly don't remember a time when I felt more beautiful and comfortable in my skin. My hair is longer & thicker, my boobs are a little plumper {I was expecting way more but... I'm sure that will come in time} and my belly is a perfect little bump. I know that will all change when I am in my last trimester & it's impossible to bend down & shave my legs but... it's so worth it! Right now, I love the way clothes are fitting me. My shirts sit so well on my tummy & I can't help but glance when I walk by a mirror - narcissistic? Maybe so.
So now the nursery can be tackled & we can actually start acting like we are having a baby. Such a weird concept. Even though we knew we would buy neutral for all of the basics, this makes it seem real. So real, in fact, that it is actually scaring me that we have less than 5 months to get our shit in order.We already had a gray nursery in mind but I now have an accent color & hopefully an idea on the furniture situation... I say that now. I change my mind often.
*mamaLu

No comments:
Post a Comment