My day started early with a quiet house. It was nice. It's been a while since I had a quiet morning to myself. The coffee tasted extra good on the porch with the warm breeze. Later that morning I went and picked up some beautiful spring flowers to get my pots in order. I got to soak up the sun while beautifying the front porch.
Aaron's gift to me was to build a new set of stairs on the front porch. Up until now, it's just been a 2 foot drop to get down to our side yard. I can do it now, but come July... this baby may prohibit such a feat!
Dudley & Benny were happy to be outside enjoying the weather with me. It's been a while since we have had such a perfect day.
When Aaron got home, he made me a wonderful grilled chicken dinner & followed it up with a back rub & foot rub - just what this mama needed!
The Sunday after my birthday was Mothers Day. We had our mothers out for a brunch & then enjoyed the day playing cards in the sun. This is my first Mother's Day to celebrate with a little one in my belly so I took full advantage of resting up & allowing Mr. C. to pamper me {yet again}.
We finished off a day with my family at our weekly Sunday dinner. It was our first time back together since Aaron's funeral. We had the dinner that was intended for Easter but was postponed when he had his surgery - pierogi & kielbasa, his favorite. I know he was there in spirit... it was just hard to see his chair empty.
*Lu




No comments:
Post a Comment