Monday, March 31, 2014

my first lovenox...

I filled my Lovenox Rx... and all I can say is thank God for insurance. How is that price difference even possible!? Wine is a MUCH cheaper blood thinner but I think it kinda defeats what we are trying to accomplish in the end.




Our new kitchen decor includes pre-filled syringes, stylish right? Unfortunately, I don't even get to pretend to be a doctor & fill them up using the bottle, flicking them to get the air out & poking myself. Who the hell am I kidding? I couldn't stab myself with the needle if I tried... that's what Doctor Croskey is for. All it would take is one time for me to feel the needle piercing my skin & I'd be laying on the floor next to the syringe...




Aaron & I have ditched our night cap for a 'belly shot'. As I said... I am not able to poke myself so I let him do all the poking ;) The first time went something like this.

L: I am going to need you to do this for me.
A: Uh, no thanks.
L: C'mon this is your sacrifice for the baby... you can do it!
A: I have no idea how to poke you.
L: I'll show you, just push it in, really slowly. Then you push the liquid in slowly & then pull out, slowly.
A: Maybe you should sit down for this.
L: I almost wish you could do this in my ass.
A: Me too, I've said it before...
L: I meant so I don't have to see bruising, jerk.

And so begins the nightly exchange of what is sure to be many interesting conversations.




They really aren't that bad. The initial insertion is painless but once the medicine flows, it burns & I can feel it filling under my skin for about 15 minutes.  My body is going to be marked so that it will soon resemble a dalmatian puppy. Eventually they will cover my thighs and lower belly, just in time for the warm summer months. Guess now I will have to throw away those daisy dukes and that string bikini I planned on rocking! Sacrifices.



Ignore the stretch marks, they are from a previous period in time that I like to call high school. 


In the end, it's all worth it. It's unbelievable what modern medicine will allow a medically messed up person like me to experience. I get to carry a life. I get to live for the next 6 months knowing that inside of me there is a little bundle of love waiting to exit my body & enter my arms.


*mamaLu


No comments:

Post a Comment