Monday, April 7, 2014

pregnancy notes // week 14...

So far... it's kinda been more of the same.  I like to assume it's smooth sailing for the next few months. Hopefully that doesn't jinx me! We had our 14 week appointment & again, got to hear the heartbeat! 155 & going strong. I will never get tired of hearing that.

Lemons are my favorite fruit & it's only coincidental that this is, so far, one of my favorite weeks. I really feel like there is a life inside of me. I feel more pulling & stretching & can envision our little one moving all around in there. Making room for themselves & making my belly, their home. My stomach is starting to "pop" and I can only imagine the next few weeks it will be obvious there is a baby in there. That will be a relief when I can look ok at myself and see a pregnant woman, not just a bloated one!  






I'm lucky enough to have an in at my doctors office for the {rare} instances I experience a hypochondriac moment. My friend Anne works with a doctor from my OB practice. I can just text her to see if my fears are "normal" or if I should be concerned. A few weeks ago there was a recall on my lettuce for Listeria... she talked to her doctor & then she talked me back down off the ledge. I didn't even need a co-pay!  Another girlfriend of mine stopped by work recently & gave me this book. I started reading it as soon as I got home & I couldn't stop. It's so perfect. It's written like I would write it - snarky & quick witted! Thanks, Dawn! It's nice not to have to bother all my friends when something alarms me... like amped up discharge, sex stuff or boob pain. I can just check out the book for some girlfriend reassurance. Don't get me wrong, I will probably still bother them, just not as often!





she even added a few post-its with her thoughts on the topics.


I got out & bought some spring/summer clothes. A few pairs of short & capris... all resale & nothing fancy but I'm hoping it helps me beat the heat. If anyone has any they would like to donate to the cause, I would LOVE to take them off your hands!

new this week:
I am starting to crave some things. It's not so much a specific food but the taste of them. I have been wanting spicy & sour. When I want it, I want it NOW! It's amped up times 10. Lemons, sour Patch Kids, Sriracha, jalapeños, red pepper flakes... I will take them all in large quantities. It's doing a number on my tongue.

the next step:
Looking for a baiting suit. I think this summer I am going to make it a point to go swim. Usually it's just a lot of hassle since we don't have a pool & I cant help but feel like a moocher. I am considering finding a YMCA or community center {or a willing pool-owning friend} I can join for a few months.



*mama Lu

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm craving spicy, be careful when heartburn kicks in! And I just bought sour patch kids the other day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm worried about heartburn! I hate the feeling. How are you feeling lately?

    ReplyDelete