Today I had my first appointment with Dr. Hnat, our Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor. Since I'm considered high risk with the miscarriages & my history of a blood clot/seizure I was referred to him to see what my options are.
I walked in with the thought that I would just need to continue the baby aspirin that I was currently on to keep up with the clotting issue. WRONG! After talking with him, it's been decided that from here on out I will need daily Lovenox doses...it's an anti-coagulation medicine. Long story short, I have to self-inject every day to keep my blood thin & moving how it should. Since pregnancy heightens your risk of clots, it's a precaution since I have had one in the past.
He also let me know that because of my hypothyroidism, I am at higher risk for Preeclampsia and possible slow fetal growth. So what does all that mean? It means I will start monthly u/s around 28 weeks to make sure the little one is growing as they should.
What the hell!? This really wasn't in my plan. I know you can't plan for a baby but this is the farthest thing from any ideas I had. I'm officially terrified. I'm scared of the injections, which Aaron will probably have to do for the first few weeks. I am scared of the preeclampsia and all that comes with it. I am concerned about the bills that will be rolling in soon & I am even more scared for the little bump & their health. Nothing means more to me.
The silver lining in all this? I got to hear the heartbeat again today. A solid 155. The doctor said, "if you believe in that, all signs point to girl." I have a 14wk appointment with my OB on Monday where I am hoping to hear it again... I just can't get enough!
*mama Lu
No comments:
Post a Comment