Wednesday, March 12, 2014

pregnancy notes // week 11...

Original post written on 3/12/14.


We got to hear the heartbeat again! We finally made it to a 10 week appointment with my doctor & all went smoothly. I had a quick exam to do some cultures for gonorrhea & other fun STDs. Fingers crossed... it's really a toss up. Totally kidding.

She slathered the cold gel on my belly & warned me that sometimes it's hard to find a heart right away through these things, so not to worry. Once she rubbed the wand, there was the heartbeat. Beautiful! This week it is 177bpm, which seems so incredibly high to me but Dr. S assured me... it's all very normal.

She also informed me that I will need to see a specialist at the end of this month. I had a blood clot back in college & so it classifies me as high risk. For the time being I am back on a baby aspirin regimen.  Once I see the specialist I will know if I will continue with the aspirin or if I will be put on Lovenox, a daily injection blood thinner. I'm really hoping for just the aspirin, it's a lot less expensive & I assume painful. Either way, I am happy to be proactive.

new this week:
I seem to be getting more energy. It might correlate to the few days of warmer weather & sunshine we are having. Whatever it is, I like it!


the next step:
Get a plan for organizing the nursery. I have a few ideas brewing but I am still hesitant to take the plunge & make any large purchases. I also will have to wait to find out the sex. I just want the stuff in there -- out! I need a clean slate when the moment hits me.


*mama Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment