At the request of Barb and Nik, I am filling you in on all that is {our} wedding, as of now. Click on any of the images to see a larger pic.
{the colors}:

We wanted to go with a very vintage-y color scheme. I love the deep turquoise and the deep coral (the coral in the bottom pic and the turquoise in the necklace is the most accurate. There will also be a TON of woody accents so brown is a given. I like the deep chocolate brown mixed with a lighter tan, almost like an aged piece of paper.
{the outfits}:


This is what I am hoping my cousin Jamie can make for me. It's simple but has a little flare up top, like me! :) I would prefer the sash to either be coral or dark brown... I'm still figuring it out. I have an appointment with her this Saturday to see what she can do for me. If it's possible, I'd like it to be all cotton so it's comfortable and not too hot! I might even make it a short dress, instead of floor-length. I took it upon myself to "dress" Aaron and I, digitally. He will have a pair of dark jeans, a vest and a button down underneath.
I have found my something borrowed, Aaron and I will be sporting authentic cowboy boots thanks to my grandpa! He had these babies in his closet from his trip to Arizona. They are a little big but I think I can make due! Aaron got a black pair, also from Papa.

{the decorations}:A few weeks ago, I posted my idea board for the decorations and wedding in general, here's a recap:

Tons of mason jars for decorating the tables {think vases} with some kind of simple flower arrangement, daisies or wildflowers. I think we will have some special jars for Aaron and I to drink out of all evening. I like the idea of vintage glass, blues, ambers, and corals to use on the tables also. Aaron is going to make me platters out of a tree trunk to set each centerpiece on. He is also going to make a cake stand out of a platter and a small tree branch, like the one in the picture above with the simple white cake on it *the cake on the right*. There will also be tree branch candle holders like the ones pictured above. We will probably be doing a s'more package as a favor since we will end the night with a bonfire. Just a simple bag, maybe a brown bag or a plastic cellophane bag. Simple, simple, simple... catchin' onto the theme?

Just last week I went and spoke to a photographer who is friends with my sister. She is really exactly what I was looking for! She just got married last year & her ideas are very similar to ours. In fact, she said she has a few items we are more than welcome to borrow for our big day! She's really good and best off, she fits into our budget.
We are doing a really simple cookout menu. Aaron's friends have offered to bring their HUGE smoker/grill and take care of the chicken. We will do pasta and tater salads and a whole bunch of fruits, veggies and sweets. My sister is taking care of the cake, which will be pretty simple also. I am not a froo-froo girl. The drinks, ah...the most important. We will have one signature mixed drink, probably a hard Arnold Palmer {iced tea & lemonade mixed with vodka} then we will have beer, water and pop.
{the details}*time's subject to change, I'm indecisive!*
Date: 9/10/11
Time: 5pm Ceremony & 5:30 Reception
Location: Our Place
So, as of now it's coming together. I feel like we are now in full swing! We are still looking for a reasonable DJ and someone to get us hitched. I haven't even looked into Justices of the Peace yet.
One last note, my sister is throwing a bridal shower for me July 17th at 1:00, invites to follow soon. Consider this your SAVE THE DATE! Also, Nik wants to plan a bachlorette party for me, probably the end of August, so keep an eye out for more info from her. It's sure to be a good {um, or crazy} evening!
*Lu
No comments:
Post a Comment