I'm back. It has been a crazy few months since the wedding so I am finally settling in and going to start up with the blog again. I like having an outlet to fill with my thoughts... also, I have a horrible memory so this can help there too!
Where to begin?! It's been 5 WHOLE months of wedding bliss. Honestly, I loved Aaron before and I still love him now, not too much has changed except my last name. We are doing something right. We have lived together so long that really, I already know his domestic *flaws* which, of course, are few and far between!! Speaking of the boy, over my "hiatus" he clocked in 39 years of life! Holy moly... that's almost 40! He still does it for me... even after FOUR AND A HALF years!
I have a TON of wedding pics, holiday pics, family pics and well... just randoms that I need to get printed out & posted up online. I have been slacking hardcore since the "big day". I need to get in control of that before it comes back to bite me. All of my frames need updated pictures and I am determined to get some artwork on my walls. If they are LMC originals, well that's a BONUS!
Hmmm. What else? I finally got my butt in gear and rearranged/cleaned our basement and created a studio space for myself. I have painting, drawing, sewing and crafting areas and the best part... peace! I have already made a few sewing projects which have really turned out nicely if I do say so myself... which I do!
The holidays were a snooze. Honestly, I wish I had more money so I could quit my job & actually enjoy the season. Instead, I am stuck here 'til all hours of the night wishing I was at home watching Charlie Brown, the Grinch {and Max} and Frosty. Eventually, maybe I will be able to make that happen but for now... we need the dough! We are currently practicing for a new addition and hope to be blessed with one in the coming year. See what I mean, we need money!!
Flash forward to February... we have only had snow twice this season, both under 2" of accumulation. As I type this, it's 2pm and 44° in FEBRUARY! We have had such a mild winter, it leads me to believe we are gonna get SLAMMED come March. it's all very *end-of-the world-ish*, eerie. I literally wore a Columbia fleece jacket to work today, again, in February! I mean, it's not a bad thing to be able to get out & get physical... if I did that sort of thing.
That leads me to my next thought... my incredibly supportive (slightly crazy) husband has agreed to go on a juice fast with me. That's right... I'm going all Jack LaLanne on this b****! I was home alone F̶B̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ uh, cleaning when I happened to notice a friend of mine mentioned a Netflix documentary called, Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. Long story way shorter... it is the story of one Australian man who went about the US converting people into juicers! 60 day juice fasts... can you image? I was intrigued because my FB friend said she was on day 5 and she was loving it! It helps wit a ton of illness issues, weight loss and just basically reboots your system. I immediately sat down and watched it and I was hooked. When Aaron got home that night I convinced him that THIS is exactly what we needed, we needed a boost. Since I lost the weight for my wedding, I have sslloowwly put a few pounds back on that I want to remove. I also just want to feel better, healthier. Wanna get in on it with us... click here.
So anyway, the juicer arrived today & we are planning on starting with a 3-5 day fast just to break us in. I know it's going to be hard... no solid food but I heard, like breaking any addiction, the first 2 days are the hardest. Not having processed foods and cleaning my system out is benefit enough but any weight loss would be accepted too! I just keep thinking no cheese or wine..
wish us luck!
*Lu
No comments:
Post a Comment