Wednesday, February 15, 2012

better to have...

... juiced for 1.5 days than none at all! I don't look at it as failing, we were just not educated enough to succeed. First, let me explain our downfall.

Picture it, Friday night after a total of 8 juices and a gazillion glasses of water. NO FOOD. I came home after work to Aaron concocting our "dinner" and "dessert". (He is so sweet, really... he made me dinner!) We sat down to relax a bit, fennel-cucumber juice in hand, when I raised it to my lips. My nose caught a whiff of that pungent smell and I nearly gagged. I was fed up... I couldn't take it anymore. I was not havin' it! I politely declined the drink and told Aaron I was done. He responded with, "yeah, well I am gonna keep going." I had to repeatedly tell him that I would take full responsibility for quitting and it was all on me. I caved, went to the cabinet and grabbed a bag of artificial cheese flavored sun chips... which, at that moment, looked like a sirloin smothered in onions. I plowed through a few handfuls and just like that, the fast was over... for both of us.

We decided shortly after that an XL pizza was in order & a definite necessity. After eating all but 4 pieces, we were set. In my defense, the next morning I weight myself and was down 5.5lbs from my initial weight. I also made a fresh orange/tangerine juice that was to die for... not a kale leaf in sight!

Anyways, I say we were uneducated simply for this reason. If we had experimented with different recipes before committing to the 3 day pre-planned menu, we would've been able to know what drinks suited us better & which were repulsive. Aaron and I have decided we will continue periodically juicing just to experiment with flavors. I know we will try another 2-3 day fast every once in a while to just reboot and detox a bit, so it was a learning experience.

*Lu
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment