Thursday, February 23, 2012

randomness: a modge podge...

Lent started yesterday, bear with me... no coffee & no soda, I have to do something. Ramble on seems like a good option! Between that and me giving up fast food for New Years & I should be healthy in no time, right!?

Anyways, it's been a while since the juice fiasco & I thought today I would take the time to write about something I love MUCH more. What could possibly be better than juicing, you ask? Sewing. Man, wouldn't my 18 year old self be super jealous of the 30 year old domestic goddess I have become? I use the term goddess loosely, of course. I am a professional at best, really!

I got a sewing machine for the wedding {well, Aaron & I got it} but this specific gift I think he is ok with letting me have possession of. A few weeks ago I sat down with a self-designed pattern & a spool of thread, super cute mod fabric and VERY LITTLE knowledge of the task at hand. I intended on making a pouch,mission accomplished!


After my success there, I decided to Pinterest it up & check for new ideas. I struck gold, a magnetic book mark, GENIUS! Now, this would be more relevant if I read a whole lot but I am currently into the Hunger Games series thanks to my 15 year old daughter... yeah, unfortunately most of my reading comes at a high school level. Most of the time, I read a chapter than go for days before I pick the book back up again, I need to re-read what I already read to refresh myself! Either way, I love it. Please know, I did not intentionally match the book to the book mark, it was just a happy little mistake!


I was so proud! I even had a zipper in there! Next, I decided I wanted a fold over clutch pouch, as if I am chic enough to pull one of those off!


Yes, friends... that is Walmart faux suede and faux satin. Only the best for my creative endeavors. The next project was my most adventurous yet, a reversible purse. What a pain in the ass that was, but well worth it in the end. I also made a hair product/straightener travel pouch.


I intend on making more purses with the fabulous fabric I just got. Eventually, I want to make a brand tag to attach to them, so I can call it a legit business. Side note, isn't the wall color in my office perfect? I am so glad I̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶A̶a̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ we decided to freshen the room up a few months ago!


*Lu

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment