Monday, April 27, 2015

a day of remembrance...

A year ago today, I sat in this very same patio chair and cried on and off for what seemed like hours. Today, I did the same thing. 


The sky was just as beautiful as it was one short year ago. A whole year has passed but it feels like only yesterday that we said goodbye to Aaron. It was the fastest year but the hardest year all at the same time.

I thought of him all throughout my daily routine. To me, today is not a day of celebration but a day of remembrance so I did just that.  

Later this evening we went to the cemetery. Nathan played for a bit and then Aaron took him off for a walk and let me be alone for a minute. I broke down telling my brother all the things I needed to say. I patted the stone while tracing his name etched in marble. Even touching it, it still didn't seem real. 


Sneezing is Nathan's way of saying 'Bless you uncle Aaron!'

I've said it a million times, this is just unfair. It's unfair that people I love have to know life without their father, husband, brother, son and one that currently hits far to close to home-uncle. 

I love you, Aaron. Until I see you again. 

*Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment