I need a mantra of 2015. I also need the follow through to stick with it...
So without further ado...
Whether that means take that next step with a sewing project, telling someone how I feel or taking a day trip with nathan alone- this is my new motto.
I used to have drive. Honestly. I used to be a productive member of society. Ever since Nathan was born, I find myself just making excuses as to why I can't start/finish anything. I mean, what's better than snuggle time with my little man? It trumps all! It also has to do with the fact that his naps have dwindled to a mere 45mins a piece which, after a shower, doesn't leave much time for fun things!
I have certain responsibilities that are lacking since Nathan came along. There are some things that I'm ok with letting go but others weigh heavy. I know that I need me time but I really do enjoy the time with Nathan and I know that these days won't last forever. On top of this, I also need time with Aaron to keep us- well, us.
I decided to start making an old school to-do list...on paper. No fancy app or computer needed-just a cute little notebook. I utilize the hour I have before Nathan wakes up in the morning to enjoy a cup of coffee while I write out my goals. Sometimes it's a daily goal, other times it's something more time consuming.
There's just something addicting about seeing my daily task slowly turn from to-dos to dones!
*Lu


No comments:
Post a Comment