Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Nathan // eight months...

Eight months have passed since I first held this chunk of a child in my arms. I know I say it every month but...how the hell did it go so fast?!?


He is feeding himself the bottle and can also spoon feed himself, which sometimes can be a little messy. He is crawling like a champ so it's pretty hard to keep him contained. 


I always thought he didn't look a thing like me, I was wrong. He definitely has my dimples! 


We have been spending our days out in the spring sunshine, mostly in matching outfits with daddy. I think Aaron secretly loves the matchy matchy thing...



He is smiley more than he is grumpy but God help you when he has a bad day. He's been clingy lately which I'm hoping is a teething issue. He has still yet to cut anything and over the past few days he has been super whiny and fussy.


We just got new carpet and it is FANTASTIC!! I finally feel comfortable with Nathan crawling around on the floor.  No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the old carpet clean. 



Today I decided to add a little Mac and cheese into Nathan's lunch...clearly he loved it! He's such a good eater-there is little won't eat. I'd like him to branch out as much as I can before he can start to make his own decisions.



Aunt Katelyn passed down cousin Bradley's super hip car. This little man loves taking trips up and down the drive and taking in every inch of scenery. I think we both need some outside time. Notice the sweatshirt and jeans? Yeah it's almost Memorial Day. 


A few weeks ago, I bought one of those over-sized shopping cart covers. Seemed like a good idea, no germs and a little extra padding for those face plants that are bound to happen. We tried it out a few times and it's just kinda a hassle...it's bulky and kinda overkill. A friend of mine posted a photo of her daughter wearing a fabric-Velcro-seatbelt-thingy that she bought from a local vendor. It was a bit more elaborate but I think my rendition will do the job. It also doubles as a straight jacket-wonder how long it would take to make an adult sized one?





There is so much to love about this picture. Chubby baby hands, formula drool, sleepy eyes, post-bath spikey blonde hair and-even though you can't see it-freshly bathed baby smell. 

I feel like I'm losing him already. I'm losing baby Nathan to big-boy Nathan. It's breaking my heart. Happy birthday Mr. Squink, you hold my heart in your pudgy little hands. 

*mamaLu











No comments:

Post a Comment