Monday, April 13, 2015

I totally get it...

Since becoming a mom, I start to understand all the mothers who came before me...the ones I secretly judged. I'll admit it, I was a bitch. Now that I'm a part of the mom's club, I am starting to get it.

1. I get why my texts go unanswered for hours. When we started our conversation  we had sleeping, happy babies. Then your text sits on my phone until that once sleeping baby calms down from his mid-nap tantrum. It's nice to know that when I respond 4 hours later, you get it too!

2. I get why you are late. Everyone starts out with the best of intentions of being on time but then the inevitable happens, someone shits themselves or throws up or throws a fit. It's exhausting really. 

3. I get why you can't drop everything and meet me for lunch/movie/shopping. Even if I dropped everything the second you called, it would still take me 45 minutes to even get out of the door. I'm convinced I'll never be spontaneous again. 

4. I get why you want to be alone. Before kids I hated being alone. The silence and boredom was terrible. Now, I'd kill to have just one hour where I don't use baby talk or hear Peppa Pig's pompous accent in the background...

5. I get why you are stressed. I used to think that it was so easy to raise a baby. How hard could it be? I'm sorry. I was a total dick. It is hell!! It's honestly the most  rewarding job ever, I promise. That being said-  I want to run out of my house, on average, 3 times a day. 

6. I get why coffee and wine are your two go-to staples. Nothing is more important than a caffeine fix in the morning, unless it's a glass of wine at night.

7. I get why your house will never be tidy, at least in the eyes of someone without kids. Even with a baby who is immobile, I know that a living room can be destroyed in a mere 8 seconds.  

8. I get your love of a minivan. The convenience of sliding doors and low seats. The trunk space-amazing. Never would I have to cram a bulky stroller into my tiny little sedan trunk. Still though, I have to draw the line somewhere. 

Everyone judges someone at some point, it's only natural. Just be prepared that one day you might just be in the same situation.

*mamaLu


No comments:

Post a Comment