Monday, September 8, 2014

it's in the bag...

My original due date, October 1st, is my doctor's birthday. How cool would that be to have her there delivering my baby on her birthday? Maybe not as cool for her... she'd probably rather be out livin' it up with a martini in hand. I would think though giving life to a human would be a close second.

Except now... we are talking an early induction. My only concern is that I have my doctor and a healthy baby so... the date is irrelevant. The fact that it is a week on the early side gives me one less week of planning & preparing. There is always a chance that I could come early so there may be even less time. Ugh.


Anyway- back to the reason this post came to be. I need to get my ass in gear on the hospital bag. I know I'm an anal freak about all things baby but this one really needs my attention. We live about 30 minutes away from the hospital so if I forget something important Aaron gets to make an unexpected & long trek back to get it. That's the last thing I want him doing. So, the need for a perfectly planned bag was born.

I have my list. I'm sure it's overkill but better to be prepared!



1. big ol' undies  2. comfy lightweight socks & slipper socks  3. a couple of super soft nursing sleep bras  from Target  4. two smocked dresses for easy access to the girls & a long cardigan to double as a robe  5. maternity tee & sweatpants for lounging  6. my go home outfit - a hoodie, nursing tank & maternity yoga pants  7. flip flops  8. an extra tank & knit infinity scarf to double as a nursing cover if need be

 1. ADORABLE maraLu diaper clutch ;)  2. disposable nursing pads  3. my daily medicines  4. stool softeners - for the first poop!  5. body wipes to help me feel fresh  6. nipple cream  7. glasses & contacts  8. makeup removing wipes

1. shower essentials  2. lotion 3. oral care  4. chap stick since the hospital is SO dry  5. a razor for the pits, it's a daily thing  6. deodorant for everyone's sake!  7. hair ties & comb  8. mini straightener in case I'm feeling adventurous  9. blow dryer since I HATE sleeping on wet hair 

1. another maraLu original  2. gum  3. snacks  4. water bottle  5. iPad for down times  6. chargers of all kinds  7. iPhone  8. light reading & a notebook

 Baby C's bag:  1-3. onesies & perfect little outfits for him to wear home 4. swaddle blankets

Don't forget the Boppy!


I still have a few items to buy to complete my list but it's getting there. Aaron has to fend for himself as far as essentials. I'm all packed out. 



*mamaLu

No comments:

Post a Comment