We have had a terrible time deciding on a name. It's just been rough. Aaron has his favorite & I have mine. Neither of us want to cave. Well... I figured what better anniversary gift than to give him the chance to name his first born son? I assume that will
Since tomorrow is our 3rd anniversary, I'm gonna surprise him with the finished board. I am just going to take him in the nursery & see if he notices on his own. I'm sure I will have to force feed it to him though, he is observant but not that observant.
Anyway, here is how I did it. First I chose the design. I love basic typewriter font & the lowercase seems more child-like to me so it works well.
Begin by taping the image to the board. I used small nails since I wanted them to blend into the wood & not be a part of the final design. It's hard to get them all perfectly straight so it's more of an eyesore if you had HUGE nails.
Start nailing the nails along the image. When you finish, just rip off the paper.
This is the final product... I'm so happy with it & I think it looks fantastic in the nursery. I like how it resembles scribbles, I love scribbles.
Aaron is in for quite a surprise.
Oh, and you
*mamaLu


No comments:
Post a Comment