Now, I've heard this song about a bazillion times in the past but this time it stuck. I listened intently and then it happened. The tears began flowing, I quickly looked around to make sure I wasn't being watched.
Fast forward to this morning. I was texting Aaron and mentioned the song to him. I panned over to YouTube to get the link to the video. Once I sent it to him I began watching it again. Why do I do this to myself? Again, the tears were rolling down my cheeks. I was not just crying, I was sobbing. I was inconsolable. It was the weirdest thing to not be able to control the tears. Anyways, onto the rest of my day.
I text Aaron as I always do around 3:00 to say hello after he gets off work. No answer. I knew he had a side job after work so I just figured he was busy. Around 4:00 I messaged him just to say hi. No response. At this point I just figured he was busy & would get back to me later. 6:00 rolls around and I asked if he wanted to meet me for a quick bite after his side job. Still no answer. This wasn't like Aaron. He would always at least respond that he was really busy & couldn't talk but this time... nothing. So, 7:30 rolls around and still nothing. I composed myself & tried to get the worst case scenario out of my head. I
"Honey are you OK, I'm worried"
STILL NO RESPONSE! I text my sister to get her opinion and she told me to stay calm and ran through the possible, rational excuses. Know what I heard? Blah blah blah... I decided to take matters into my own hands and drive by the place he was working. I hopped in the car & drove through the neighborhood... in the dark, really slow. Luckily the neighborhood watch wasn't on my trail. Either way, that came up empty... no sign of his car. I was sure he was dead - a victim of the elusive Pipefitter Killer that preys on helpless plumbers. That, or he was laying on the side of the house clutching his chest in the cold. Unable to call anyone to help him. Seriously, these were my legitimate thoughts.
I called my step daughter to see if she had heard from him. She said no but she was willing to go to the house and check to see if he was there. Probably because she just wanted to be able to use this whole situation against me in the future. "My stepmom is SO crazy..." Wouldn't you know, not ONE minute after hanging up and who texts... that jerk I call my husband!
"Just got home, left my phone at home :("
I called him immediately and the first words out of my mouth were "I love you so much that I totally hate you" That caught him off guard to say the least. I explained the whole thing to him and then informed him that he was never able to say that I don't care about him. His response?
"OK, psycho."
So there it is folk.. the first of, what I am sure will be many, breakdowns. I apologize in advance.
*Lu
No comments:
Post a Comment