Monday, July 25, 2011

mixed emotions...

This past week was filled with happiness and tears. Bridal showers, birthday parties and the loss of an amazing Grandpa. Great beginnings, great middles and great endings.

PaPa passed away early Saturday morning in his Kingston apartment. I always thought he was waiting for all of his family to get there... holding on. I believe now, he was waiting for everyone to leave. I think he was a proud man who didn't want people to see his struggle. He never really showed signs of pain but I think he just wanted to let go when no one was around. His Hospice nurse had left the room for a few moments and that is when he decided it was his time.


The family has been strong and I think everyone realizes he is in a much better place with Mamie and Booba. According to Ellie, he is up there bowling with a brand new, shiny, green bowling ball! Booba has purple and Mamie, pink.


PaPa's ballon tribute.



Speaking of Ellie, she is almost a big, bad 4-year old {July 27th}!! Her McDonald's party was Saturday afternoon. Man, it was like walking into a zoo! Kids, everywhere running around like mad! Everyone who is anyone was there! :) The festivities were followed by a nice birthday dinner at dads on Sunday.


Happy 4th birthday, Bean!! We love you!



*Lu






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment