Friday, February 27, 2015

nighttime moments...


Nathan has been a terrible sleeper lately. He spoiled us with two nights of 11 hour stretches but has since regressed. Not just a little regression, we're lucky if he makes it an hour before screaming bloody murder. Normally a nook will take care of it and we get another 30 minutes of uninterrupted sleep. Lucky us. 

Last night we decided instead of his boring old white noise machine, we would leave pandora on. I made a station when I was pregnant of soft but relevant music. Baby music I can actually stand. 

So, anyway. Picture it-Nathan's nursery, 2:00 am. {See what I did there? I just got all Sophia on you.}

I hop out of my nice, warm bed to tend to a fussy little man. This time though, he was not having it. I was forced to snuggle the hell outta him. Just as I began to sway with him, 'Hallelujah' came on. That song tugs at every damn heartstring I have. He melted into my arms and I started to cry. I remember when he was just days old and we would spend the mornings listening to that song, it always calmed him. 



I spent the next five minutes sobbing over Nathan's sweet, snoring head. He was knocked out so he wasn't aware of my breakdown. I put him down in the crib and we didn't hear from him for the rest of the night - since 4:00am is classified as morning so that statement isn't a lie.  

*mamaLu

No comments:

Post a Comment