How sad that I let other people dictate to me what I'm doing wrong. In there defense, these people have no idea that they are affecting me nor are they shunning me for my choices. At least I don't think they do. Oh my God, do they? They are just posting all their beautiful pics of their perfect earth-friendly crafts, homemade, organic, non-GMO baby food or third world volunteering trip.
Meanwhile, I'm just here cooped up in my house trying to keep my kid from contracting the measles. I wish it was a joke.
I'm sure I will never let go of the self-comparison 100% but I have learned that just because someone's 4 1/2 month old is napping for 3+ hours doesn't mean that Nathan should be doing it. Shit, if that was the case I'd almost feel like I had this 'mother' thing down & really...where's the fun in that?! I like the challenge of trying to eat and shower all in the 30 minutes I have before he wakes up.
*mamaLu
I'm sure I will never let go of the self-comparison 100% but I have learned that just because someone's 4 1/2 month old is napping for 3+ hours doesn't mean that Nathan should be doing it. Shit, if that was the case I'd almost feel like I had this 'mother' thing down & really...where's the fun in that?! I like the challenge of trying to eat and shower all in the 30 minutes I have before he wakes up.
*mamaLu
No comments:
Post a Comment