{day 3}
my job.
I have a job. These days that is enough to be thankful for but I will elaborate a bit. There are so many people out there who have been laid off or just can't find a job & I am lucky enough to have a job that I sometimes enjoy. With the fourth quarter in full swing, I am normally not given too many free weekends & I tend to work crazy hours but I am thankful to just be working.
{day 4}
days off.
As mentioned above, our 4th quarter is a bit chaotic & most of my holiday season is spent rushing & dividing my time between work & sleep. My day off today is rare. I spent today genuinely enjoying my life. I woke up a little late; I took full advantage of the time change & the extra hour of sleep. I leisurely drank my 3 cups of hazelnut coffee & even had a few {too many} doughnut holes for breakfast. I played a little Mario Kart with my step-daughter, Brittney, followed by ice cream. I took my boys out for a walk in the crisp air. I even made a little time to clean out my studio & sew a bit....since MaraLu has opened I tend to spend a lot of my spare time doing that! To finish off my day, we had Sunday dinner at my dad's... but this was unlike every other Sunday. This was Mr. C's big 40th birthday dinner! The kickoff to his birthday week had begun!
As I sit here at my computer I am listening to Mr. C whistling some commercial & I smile because I know that days like today are a gift.
*Lu
No comments:
Post a Comment