Aaron.
I don't even know where to begin with this one. I met Aaron back in 2007 after just ending a long-term serious relationship. I was at home, {wallowing in self pity} when my friend, Anne called & asked if I wanted to come out to a bonfire with her and a few friends. I reluctantly said yes & headed off to Swanton.
Little did I know that night in June would change my life forever & definitely for the better. We were introduced over a game of Bocci Ball & a beer. The conversation didn't really take off until later in the evening when Anne said she was going home & asked if I was leaving too. I told her I would hang out a bit more and for her to go ahead. That night, Aaron & I spent the entire evening, night & morning chatting away by the bonfire. We covered every conversation from constellations to favorite foods. I remember stunning him with my useless knowledge by naming every song on the radio before he could.
It was the nicest evening I had in a long time. There was no awkwardness... just conversation. For the next few months we spent every spare minute we had together. We would go out for drinks, dinner & the occasional motorcycle ride. It was fantastic.
So flash forward 5 years... Aaron is now my husband & I am happier than I have ever been. I honestly feel like that night at the bonfire was a glimpse into my future.
{don't mind his headband... he borrowed it from Ellie}
So, long story, longer... I am so thankful for Aaron and the love he has shown me! I am blessed.
{happy to be}
mrs. croskey
No comments:
Post a Comment