Monday, April 16, 2012

back in the day...



Click on this video before you start reading, it really sets the tone.


Oh man... flashback!!! Anyone who knew me in high school knew I had a weird love for rap/r&b, I was totally obsessed. As far as rap, it was mostly 2pac.  I was pretty hardcore and by that I mean, I thought I was badass! I could bust out every word to it's all about you or how do you want it with the windows down at the top of my lungs, every word. I had quite a way with the slang and I could make it sound pretty hood! I remember once, my brother said to me {hopefully jokingly} that the song, dear mama, is kinda like our story... something {totally weird} like that sticks with you, ya know? Man, the good ol' days for sure.

Anyways, 2pac is back! Check out this awesome video I just saw on yahoo this morning.  Well, hologram form but, pretty cool nonetheless.  This weekend at the Coachella Festival, he made a guest appearance with Snoop and Dre.  It was so real looking...think of the way this could change a concert experience.

Just hearing some of these brings back so many memories. Am I the only one who misses high school? Why can't life be that careless again?


So now, I'm sitting at work with my 2pac Pandora playing. Let's just say, it's probably a good thing the lady next to me called off today... she doesn't strike me as a gangsta' rap fan. Man, I hope ghetto cowboy {not 2pac, but still a favorite of mine} comes on next. I'm bound to embarrass myself here.




*Lu


 


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. i still sing along to ghetto cowboy at the top of my lungs while driving. it always reminds me of you cocking your air rifle. yeah those were the days....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the gun shot one was Thug Love by Tupac and Bone. Geez Lisa, get a clue :) YouTube it... you will remember!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete