project #1:
I purchased some old, grimey, wooden frames from the local thrift store. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of them before but they didn't have glass, just a painting on the wooden board, like this. I knew I wanted to do a blackboard design with a rustic, bright frame. After a ton of sanding, half a roll of Frog Tape and some jujing up with spray paint... voila!
the whole project cost me about $5! I am considering using one as the menu board and the other as a s'more board. I think that my color scheme of coral and turquoise is slowly turning into turquoise and rusty paprika! I guess that's fine... it's pretty and fall like, plus it's easier to find that than it is actual coral!
project #2:
i want a very vintage feel to the wedding, I want worn items that look like they have a history. My sister had a few aluminum pails that she offered to give me. She had painted them so they would require more spray paint... but it was a chance to fix 'em up the way I wanted. Make them my own! :)
I taped off the top since I wanted it silver with a pop of color on the bottom.
I added a base coat of flat white paint.
good thing I am a plastic bag hoarder... cause they sure some in handy!
I wanted the embossed flower pails to have a tan background covered in turquoise and then scuffed off to see the tan layer below.
I had paint everywhere
I know they look {really} bright now, but my idea is to do an acrylic wash over them after I rough them up a bit... to make them look a bit more dingy, similar to the frames.
good thing I have a lot of orange and brown in my wardrobe! :)
*Lu
No comments:
Post a Comment