Tuesday, February 15, 2011

like a princess...

The snow is now melting, being that it was 40+° yesterday... but we got in some intense snow activity in this past weekend. The girls were here so we decided to build a monster snow castle! It was amazing & it only took 5 hours. It helped that we had 2 big, strong men to help us!


Brooke & I were the supervisors of all construction...


This is the front door, complete with the drawbridge over the moat.


The back tunnel had porcupine spikes for protection from intruders, of course!


My idea for protection, an alligator... duh! What is a castle moat without one?!




{ ValEnTinE's DaY!! }
I love Aaron everyday so I don't need a special day to tell him.. but it's a nice excuse to eat more chocolate & man, did we! Since Aaron & I don't really do gifts, my original plan was to make a bunch of sweets & dinner while Aaron was at work this afternoon to surprise him with my domestic side when he got home. Unfortunately, he ended up not working. So I did all of my cooking with him there... oh well, things happen. I cooked & baked for what seemed like half the day, but it was totally worth it!

These are my cookie dough brownie bites... not the most figure flattering (2 sticks of butter in the frosting) but SO damn good!


Out of ALL these chocolate covered strawberry cakeballs, there was only one success. I didn't know when you are melting chocolate, not to add milk to thin it out... it just turns into a sloppy fudgy mess, not suitable for dippin'. What a waste of good cake!


I decorated Aaron's bathroom mirror & our dinner table with these window markers (which are the greatest invention ever!)

What's more romantic than a nice Italian dinner with some red wine? These cute little lasagna muffins are really easy & take just like the big version but with more yummy crispy edges! Salad on the side & you have the perfect ♥ recipe for love ♥ Best part, I made dinner & Aaron did all the dishes & gave me a massage to end the night! Princess Lyndsey.






it's in the air...


*Lu
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment