Thursday, April 29, 2010

ah, cumpleaños...

My birthday is in 9 days. Now, they say a lady never tells her age... in that case, I'm gonna be 29. I think it's ridiculous when people hide the fact that they are getting older, it's not like EVERYBODY isn't doing it, right?

I mean, I still have a "birthday month" in which I countdown the days 'til my birthday, beginning a month ahead of time! I make everyone around me miserable by reminding them everyday that we are one day closer to the "big day." Yeah, I use that terminology... so what?!

I have even started a countdown chain that I made my co-worker Kir put in her cubicle to spark questions like, "Gee Kir, what's the countdown chain for?" and "What's the big event?' Most people don't react as I secretly would like them to, you know, with immediately returning to their office to jot it down on their calendar and signing onto Ikea to shop for the perfect gift! Who knew that I wasn't that big of a deal? The thought never crossed my mind...


I am not expecting gifts, but they are defiantly accepted, I'm just sayin'!


*Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment