Friday, January 16, 2015

Nathan // four months...

I spent tonight watching Nathan sleep. Aaron is down with an injury so today, it was ALL me. Every feeding, every diaper-ALL ME. I spoiled him rotten and let him have his naps in my arms. I snuggled and played all day with him. Every time he made a peep, I responded. 

I know there are books and doctors that say I may be spoiling him. Tonight I didn't care. All I wanted today was to smell his head, kiss his cheeks and tickle his belly. Mission accomplished. We spent the day with each other just being mommy and son. 




I know these moments are fleeting. Four months have gone by in the blink of an eye. I was always warned it goes fast but I never took the warnings seriously. For now, he actually likes being with me. I am someone who can calm his nerves and make him smile. That won't always be the case. One day, far too soon, he will push me away. That scares the shit out of me. 

So how can I welcome the new milestones that are on the horizon? Do I really want him to crawl/walk/talk? Do I want him to grow up? 












Daddy and Squink FaceTime during lunch. He smiles, giggles and screams. 










Sophie watches over the little man while he sleeps...I'm sure she enjoys the time off from his slobbery kisses.


Poor kid, it's like we don't feed him. 



Daddy's injury makes for one cool look.







*mamaLu







No comments:

Post a Comment