How sad... summer is almost officially over. My heart breaks a bit every time I say it. I feel like it just started. We had an eventful September thanks to the Fulton County Fair, Our two year wedding anniversary & our home re-do!
Brittney was lucky enough to be chosen to sing with Foreigner at the Fair this year. A group of local highschoolers were chosen to sing along with the band to "I wanna know what love is." Brittney had never heard the song... I have never felt older in my life. They did amazing...you can watch her performance
here.
 |
| before the show... |
The next night, we had a Justin Moore/Randy Houser concert at... where else, the Fair! Mr. C. was sporting his best country attire.
 |
| I have my very own cowboy! |
We have been looking into getting a new car recently {
for like the past 4 years}. Well, on September 6th... we took the plunge! It is a dream car & I love nothing more than that bow tie on the front! It's loaded-leather, Bose sound system, moonroof, auto/manual shift, bluetooth... it has it ALL!
 |
| our 2012 Mocha beauty! |
So when you get a new car, the first thing you want to do is... well, drive. So we did just that. Mr. C. and I spent our anniversary in Hocking Hills. It was perfect... so quiet & secluded.
We stayed in this adorable cabin. Hot tub included, BONUS!
We spent our mini-vacation hiking, eating, driving the beautiful rolling hills, catching up and cuddling. We stopped at a local restaurant & they had a petting zoo out back.
 |
| billy goats behind a restaurant... why not?! |
 |
| getting ready to enjoy the hot tub... |
 |
| perfect 'ritas... for a perfect weekend |
 |
| our matching grey v-necks and fine china! |
 |
| this is the result of our hiking adventures and our 9 hour round trip... what a great weekend! |
Once we were settled back in & the laundry was washed, we tackled the next project. Finishing the house up. I was so excited to see it all come together. I began painting the door & was so happy with the way it turned out... I couldn't have planned it better!
 |
| I am in love with the Jackfruit |
While I was painting the door... I made the mistake of leaving the lid in the grass & turning away for 2.5 seconds. Benny made good use of time & ended up with this
shiner...
 |
| "What yellow paint? I didn't see any yellow paint! I don't know what you are talking about." |
Once the door was done, I moved onto decorating & accessories.
 |
| We don't smoke but a few of our family & friends do, so this is an attempt to keep the butts at bay! |
 |
| I LOVE FALL & I love this look! I am so thrilled with the outcome! |
|
|
| I'm in the process of making a wreath out of these fabrics & burlap |
Still a few more things to add like mums, straw and some new chairs... but it's looking just as I hoped!
So, that's it! My summer-end recap. I am excited to welcome Fall & to get out and enjoy the season!
No comments:
Post a Comment