Just to catch you up, it's mid august.
If you were walking outside this morning with me at 7:00, you would probably not have been able to tell. It was 45° last night, as of now it's 50°.
So just to reiterate, we spent June in a 20-day torrential downpour and July in a cloudy, unseasonal slump. Now August is turning out to be a preview of October. Don't get me wrong, I love fall but I was really hoping to have some summer this summer.
Anyways, one reason I am thankful for this weather is that our house is going to be painted this weekend. Initially, we planned on doing it in June but if you refer back a few paragraphs... you will understand the predicament we faced! Paint doesn't dry too well in the rain. Since Aaron is taking on this project all by himself, he wants to allow at least 2 full days of sun to guarantee proper drying & an overall beautiful outcome. In less than a week. I will have a new Dusty Mountain home trimmed in Hushed White topped off with a Jackfruit {all Behr®} door... I am getting excited just thinking about it!
With autumn approaching, my facebook feed is filled with back to school pics.
This is my niece, Eleanor Jane. She is 6 and is starting 1st grade. How is that even possible? I mean really, she should still be 2! Always the fashionista! The Sperrys, the bow headband and that model pose... ugh, my heart is so full for that little one.
*Lu

No comments:
Post a Comment