Tuesday, May 10, 2011

the dirty 30 is here...

Felìz Cumplaños a mi!!! What an amazing Cinco de Mayo and Ocho de Mayo celebration weekend! 30 yrs down, many more to go! Aye ye ye. We started the festivities on Thursday at our local watering hole, Barron's. I was so concerned about my points for the day, but I was a success! I stuck to my plan and came out on top! Go me! Aaron made the waitresses sing to me and I got a free fried ice cream, which I promptly gave right back to the waitress to eat! Apparently, the kitchen made 2 of them and Aaron ended up eating the 2nd one.



On Friday, my co worker made me a WW friendly cake... now that's heaven. I came home from work to a wonderful spaghetti dinner complete with thick-sliced garlic bread, wine and a box wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper... we have no other wrapping paper in the house! Inside was this nifty little gift, A Bamboo Drawing Pad... SWEET! I had mentioned in passing to Aaron at some point that I thought it would make editing SO much easier... he's a good listener!





Saturday morning I began the daunting task of cleaning my house from floor to ceiling since we were having the moms and my sister over for Mother's Day brunch on Sunday. Aaron was off to do "man work" as he called it. I think it really just meant putz around in the yard to get out of helping! He came back with a USPS box in hand. Barb had sent me the most beautiful bracelet she had picked out with Hannah and Libby! It will be perfect for the wedding but I decided to try it out that night at the pig roast we were going to.



Aaron's a member at the local VFW hall and they were having a pig roast party that night. Pulled pork, baked 'taters and all the Bud Select a girl could ask for! Surprisingly, I stayed within a reasonable point total.





Best part of the night... Aaron won the reverse raffle and we are now $440 richer. That will come in handy for the DJ cost coming up shortly! The evening ended around 1am with a cab ride home immediately followed by bed.



Sunday, my actual birthday started with this {who's day is it anyways?!}:



My boys got to sleep in a few minutes while I got up and got showered to start the Mother's Day festivities, complete with Mimosas! My mom brought some flowers over to add to the bouquet Aaron got me and the Tulips I cut from our garden to brighten up the house. I ♥ fresh flowers.





BEST BIRTHDAY WEEKEND, EVER!! Thank you to everyone who made me feel so special as I welcome in the next decade of my life. I think I am good to go this year, I can't ask for more.

*Lu
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment