Anyways, up and at 'em again this morning. I was proud of myself for making a B-line for the basement, water and iPod in hand. No pit stops to catch the first 15 minutes of Regis & Kelly, let's be honest, those are the only minutes that I care to really watch anymore. My attention span is pretty much nil. Give me a quick, 27 minute episode of Weeds over a long, drawn out, hour long show.
Anyways, back to the workout... I did a 20 minute jog (it's hard for me to tell is I am running or jogging on the elliptical, so I'll stick with a jog) I was in my target heart rate the WHOLE time! I downloaded a couple apps; one to measure my heart rate, a butt workout and a quick 5 minute ab workout. It's got all the basics, crunches, bicycle, obliques and the dreaded... PLANK (dah-dah-daaaahhh) Of course they put that one at the end so by the time I get to it, my muscles are like jelly. I know it's not a HUGE accomplishment but I am really proud that I incorporate some toning exercises in there, not just cardio.
I have also decided that I will cut out the creamer from my coffee in the morning. I thought I was doing myself a favor by using the 'fat free" version... ha! Just because all the fat is gone doesn't mean all the sugar is too. There's a schload of sugar & carbs in just the 2 tablespoons I use on a daily bases. Unnecessary! I subbed a no sugar, no fat, very low carb carmel syrup in and added a splash of skim milk for a bit 'o' creaminess. See... even my coffee needed a makeover.
I finally figured out some music. All it took was me going back into my throw-back mixed CDs. I found some real gems:
{work it out}
The Atomic Fireballs- Man With A Hex (makes me think of my swing dancing days... and smile)
Bon Jovi- Bad Medicine
David Bowie- Modern Love (I challenge you not to get up and move with this one!)
Dire Straits- Walk Of Life
Donna Summers- On The Radio
Eve 6- Promise
Kanye West- Touch The Sky
Madonna- Get Into The Groove
Maroon 5- Harder To Breath (So HOT!)
MXPX-Chick Magnet
ANY AND ALL N'SYNC
TATU-Not Gonna Get Us (OMG... this is in my collection!?!)
and of course... 2Pac because he is the OG
It worked cause this morning I was pumpin' it! I figure tomorrow I will have my first weigh-in in a LONG time... let's all pray for the best!
*Lu
No comments:
Post a Comment