He is starting to show his personality more and more every day. We read bedtime stories and sing Disney songs. Mostly it's me singing and him smiling. He really does appreciate my lovely voice...that or he just can't tell me that it's painful to listen to. My favorite time of day is diaper time. I am aware of how weird that sounds-it's magic though. I tap his cheeks and chin while 'booping' and 'beeping' and in get the biggest grin in response.
He is still trying to figure out this sleep thing. We decided last week to begin supplementing with formula at night in he hopes he would sleep longer stretches and be more satisfied. The sleep he is getting is not quality sleep and he is constantly waking and stirring. The formula has helped a little, it's bumped him up to about 3-4 hrs at a time. Thank God!
Letting go of nursing has been terribly emotional. Today I packed up my pump... I never would have thought that I would be crying over it but I find myself sobbing when I think about it. Up until a few days ago, I would still try to nurse before a bottle feed with the hopes that he will magically just latch and all will be well. It's not working out that way so I've started the drying up process. It's not terrible, just uncomfortable. It's hard to hold Nathan since he likes to jab and kick at my boobs.
Even though it's been disappointing, I know it's what is best for both of us right now. It's what works in our house!




No comments:
Post a Comment