Thursday, January 17, 2013

new year...bring it!




WELCOME 2013!!

Really... already!? I'll be honest with you, I was not a huge fan of 2012. It seemed to be full of ups and downs {more the down part} and I am ready to shed it an move on! 2013 is the year of LC! 
After a stressful holiday season, all the craziness is finally over. My sister said it best: 

 

I was basically M.I.A. November & December.  However, I did have time to decorate my home for the holiday! I love holiday decorations. I secretly wish that I had a stash that filled up 5 totes... sadly, it's only 2. Living where we live, I use a ton of natural, fresh decorations. I go out & scout pine cones & evergreen boughs and make up wreaths and table decorations.






Our tradition every year is to go search the property {Christmas music blaring in the truck} & find the perfect pine... we succeeded this year. Our most beautiful tree yet! This beauty was at least 8ft tall, stunning! Who else has to vacuum their tree before bringing it in so all the leaves and bugs are off of it, just us...oh ok!? By the end of the season, we have multiple spider webs throughout the thing, see... natural decorations. 


Our first and only snowfall this season so far. Dudley took full advantage!


Aaron & I don't exchange gifts but a few days before Christmas, I came home after a long day of work and he was all giddy & pointed to the lone gift under the tree. I will admit, I was upset at first. I hadn't gotten him anything! He made me open it & when I did... this was inside. He carved and stained this handmade plaque in honor of Squirt. We have had this quote on our fridge since the day we lost our baby & he made it into a beautiful gift.

 We had a lot of other Christmas fun, after all, we did have FOUR Christmases! Just a result of coming from 2 divorced families! 



OK, onto the new year! So far, it has been the year of Benny! This dog. First, we found out he has heartworm. Treatment consists of 2 days of shots, an oral medication and lots of down time. He was to remain calm. Ha! He is doing better at it than I thought {see below}. 


Last week we had an unseasonably warm {65°} day... in January. I was taking down Christmas decorations on my porch, in shorts...notice the green grass in the picture. January...really! Aaron was out patching the drive & as usual, Ben had to tag along. This is the result:
 
 

We believe that he got stung by a bee or bit by a spider. Either way, his face blew up like a balloon. A few Benedryl and some time & he was back to normal. This dog.

I have also begun work on my Spring/Summer 2013 line. {I giggle when I say that... like MaraLu has a line} Who doesn't LOVE an icy cold drink in the warmer months? Picture yourself on the beach or by the pool sippin' on something fruity & fresh! And so, my cocktail line was born. They will be fun pouches with accent strips in super-tasty combos!

{top to bottom}

mojito & lime
orange creamsicle & frothy orange
margarita & lime
strawberry daquiri & whipped cream

spring can't come soon enough!


Lastly, 2013 is the year of LC {me!}. I am trying to better myself & focus on my goals. I am in the process of trying to change my eating habits while not obsessing over my weight. Working out & making daily to-dos to keep me occupied. Hopefully this body will  become a home for a little one this year...so it has to be in the best shape it can be! 
 


Cheers to the New Year and all it has to throw at us!


*Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment