Wednesday, September 26, 2012

then comes the baby in the baby carriage...

This post was actually created on 9/18 but the posting was delayed.


I'M PREGNANT!!  



You heard that correctly... after the last 10 months of trying, it {finally} worked! Mr. Croskey & I are going to be welcoming a little lovie in May.  May 1st to be exact, which has always been my dream birth month! I am beyond words, hard to believe but I really am.



One random August {23rd} evening after work, I decided to stop and get a test, I was a whole day late so I figured why not? It had been months since my last test and I guess I was just missing the monthly disappointment! After washing my face & brushing my teeth I checked the stick. Clear as day there was a purple horizontal line, dang it.. that was the constant line to prove the damn test was working! Then there was the faintest lavender-colored, vertical line. Was that it? Was that the proof that there was a little bundle in my belly?? I stared at it for a few seconds with shaking hands, I needed another opinion.

I  f̶r̶a̶n̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y, uh, calmly called Aaron into the bathroom & threw the pee stick at him & said, "is that TWO lines?!" He responded with a simple, "It appears so." He's never been one for a wordy reply. At this point, I was shaking. I was so terrified that this little, plastic stick could predict my future. I paced the room for a bit and then Aaron hugged me so tightly that I just teared up. I sat on the bedroom floor for a minute and collected the reality of the whole thing. I spoke to Benny & informed him that he & Dudley would be a big brother, I can't leave the boys out of the excitement! Then, we took this picture, the first of the {THREE} of us!


In my mind, the day I found out that I was pregnant I would find some super clever way to tell Aaron. Unfortunately...since I broke down and needed his eagle eye to help me read the results, that didn't happen. Back in December, I had bought this as a gift to assist me in spilling the beans to him. That night, I got out the CD & just gave it to him. Not the way I pictured but who cares... WE ARE HAVING A BABY! We laid together that night & talked about the really important things... our name ideas, which one of us he/she would look like & of course, will there be an outtie or an innie. Isn't that what everyone talks about first? I think I slept maybe 2 hours that night, my mind was a mess. It was racing between thoughts of nursery ideas to the exit strategy of this child!

Coincidentally, the next morning I had a doctor's appointment with my family doctor. I woke up when Aaron did & took another test just to verify the results. It was the same faint line.. dammit! So off to the doctor I went. Is it weird that I took my tests with me, {after washing them off} so my doctor could confirm them? I guess I didn't really realize they could do their own test for me right there. They did & sure enough... the nurse walked in with my test & said "yup, you're pregnant!" I guess that's my confirmation.



So, as of today, September 18th, I am 8 weeks along. 8 weeks meaning that Squirt now has a brain, spine, hand & feet buds, eyelids and a heart. Other than this constant bloating feeling and the occasional headache... I feel great! No morning sickness to speak of, knock on wood! I haven't gained any weight but I feel bigger. My pants are already fitting a bit more snugly. I think the main change is the exhaustion... oh, and my appetite for ice cream. It's become an every night kinda thing which Mr. Croskey doesn't seem to mind joining me for a nightly bowl! I have been living on lemon water {which I blame for the ramped-up reflux}, milk {chocolate or otherwise} and the occasional cup o' joe.

224 more days to go... and the countdown begins!


*Lu
{mommy in the making!}



No comments:

Post a Comment