I'm still just as stunned as I was when he turned one. It boggles my mind how someone who once fit in the crook of my arm can turn into someone that I can barely carry for more than 5 minutes without straining a muscle. Maybe that speaks more to my lack of physical strength than his growth but I can assure you, he's like tripled in size in the past 24 months.
It's been a learning curve for all involved in raising him. He's learning how to express what he's feeling through words and actions and far too common, meltdowns. He struggles with eating anything besides carbs and dairy. He hasn't slept consistently since May. Getting a toothbrush in his mouth is like pulling teeth, pun intended. Listening has never been his strong suit and sometimes just walking without tumbling over something seems to be a challenge.
What he excels at though, far outweighes his struggles. When he smiles he can lift you out of your darkest funk. When he laughs you can't help but belly laugh right along with him. His love and kindness for animals will warm your heart. I dare you not to smile when he offers you a high five or 'buh-bye'. His kisses are sloppy little reminders that his love is unconditional.
All I can wish that he grows to be a well-rounded young gentleman who occasionally eats a piece of broccoli. Happiest of birthday, Squink. Watching you grow has been, hands down, the greatest joy of my life.
xoxo
mama







No comments:
Post a Comment