Friday, June 29, 2012

long time no blog...

I am such a slacker... & I know it. I can't believe I have allowed almost 2 months to go by since my last post. Wow. I think it might be a reason I have been feeling so bummy lately. I need the outlet to write about, well, ME! Sounds a bit narcissistic but it's something that makes me feel more at ease with the life I lead.

Things in the last 2 months; 1 part crazy, 1 part happy, 1 part crappy & 1 part boring. We are just chuggin' along with things & hoping for a bit of a change, for our sanity. Seems like we can never get ahead which I understand is a common complaint for most, so I guess at least we aren't alone. I wish that I could just take a break from our lives for just a few days.

As I sit here at work, sipping on my overly sugered coffee {my bad}, I can't help but think of how I want a change. I know that in this economy, I am blessed to have a job of any kind but I am just feeling stifled. I am bored out of my mind for the majority of my day & I fill it up with reading or watching mindless tv shows {hello, RHONJ!}, but it's just making me feel blah. Lyndsey, you are getting paid to watch tv and read... how bad an that be, I know.? It's really nothing more than the daily grind for me. I want to enjoy what I do. I want to wake up & say, "I get to go to work" not "I HAVE to go to work" I think it's time... it's time to get my ass {pardon my french} in gear! I am just existing at this point. Creativity keeps me fresh and happy! Our amazing operator at work just left today, after 15 years, to follow her heart & move 2 hrs away. Color me jealous! 

Another downer, sorry to lay all this on you, is this baby business. Things aren't really  taking the route we had planned. I was always under the assumption that making a baby was way easier than not making one. Well I am here to tell ya, that's just not the truth in our case. I have spent the better part of 12 years trying to NOT get pregnant which was pretty darn easy!! Who the heck thought it would be such a challenge to put a baby in my belly!?

{tell me this doesn't make your heart smile}

I have always said that I wanted to get pregnant in August...because I'm quite a planner & list maker,  that would allow for me to a.) have a little one that shares my birthday month, love me some Tauruses b.) not be in the 1st trimester {hello, morning sickness} & not be in the 3rd trimester {HUGELY/UNCOMFORTABLY pregnant} in the winter, which happens to be our super busy quarter at work 3.) NOT be pregnant in the summer... it just seems like I am not cut out for the heat when it's just chubby old me, not to mention adding 50lbs! 4.) take my maternity leave in the summer, when our hours are already cut at work so my paycheck won't take such a shock when I only get paid for the 6 of the 12 weeks of maternity leave. Plus, it would be easier to go back to work if I so desired after 6 or 8 weeks. So, long story longer... maybe that's what God has in store for us, seems logical, right?

Now I realize, there is no plan to this... it's outta my control {which drives this self confirmed control freak crazy!}. We will take a baby in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November or December! Aaron & I will be great parents not matter the season!  

Mostly, because we refuse to grow up...






*Lu

No comments:

Post a Comment